Don’t Risk It
For those that fall prey to a social engineering attack, the consequences can be severe, with damages possibly costing millions and a brands’ reputation can be destroyed.
Social Engineering Summary
Social engineering is a term that covers several different types of a cyber attack. A common theme is a fraudster attempting to gain access to a company’s computer network, install malware, or obtain user data such as user names, passwords, and bank details.
The Best Defense
The best defences against social engineering include:
– Educating your employees not to open emails from untrusted sources
– Educating your employees not to click on links or download attachments
– Employ a cybersecurity company to run social engineering testing
– Choose a cybersecurity company that can run white-box and black-box simulations
– Choose a cybersecurity company that uses CREST Certified hackers (like us!)