Junior Penetration Tester
This role is an opportunity to gain industry level knowledge and ‘home-in’ on specialist areas of security whilst undertaking and understanding the components that make up the world of commercial cyber security.
Permanent - Full time
We’re looking for curious and talented individuals to join our team at OmniCyber Security, here you’ll be able to undertake work required in delivering penetration tests as well as following a guided training program to assist you in furthering your security career.
Assist penetration testers as well as further personal knowledge in the industry.
- Be involved in the penetration testing process and assist where applicable.
- Regularly shadow penetration testers to gain industry knowledge.
- Attend networking events and become an ambassador for OmniCyber Security.
- Continually drive to achieve a better understanding of penetration testing.
- Spend time researching new and interesting vulnerabilities – helping to provide blogs and relevant collateral.
- Own your responsibilities and bring a positive face to the organisation.
- Enjoy and thrive in a high paced work environment.
Be prepared for regular lab sessions and CTF’s – developing vulnerable machines for team hacking nights.
Lab completion, Gaining certifications.
- Knowledge of computer architectures and networks.
- Drive and aptitude to research and continue to learn.
- Some experience or understanding of cyber security.
- Strong customer facing skills that allow for a technical ‘Jargon’ breakdown.
- A willingness to participate and aid in other area’s of the business function.
Nice to have:
- CPSA , QSTM, BSC
- An aptitude or drive to research and stay relevant in free time.
- Previous cyber security related experience.
Type of person
- Excellent communication skills
- Self starter and proactive
- Motivation and drive to continually learn.
- Be comfortable in assisting penetration testers in daily duties.
- Maintain a strong aptitude towards team work and triaging.
Cyber Security, Offensive, Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacker, Security Consultant
Apply for this job
You'll hear back from a member of our team within 24 hours.